Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

I have a male bunny about 2-3 yrs old. I noticed about an…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a male...
Hello, I have a male bunny about 2-3 yrs old. I noticed about an hour ago that he is laying down and is shaking. He has a very good diet veggies, Purina chow rabbit pellets, Timothy hay, fresh water daily. He even has a heat lamp that he and my other bunny use occasionally when weather gets extra cold. They are housed in an enclosed porch and are safe from bad weather.
I have a regular bunny vet but they are closed for the evening. I panic when I have a sick bun because I know they hide symptoms as long as they can. He is alert but his laying down is unusual, especially when it's fresh lettuce time. He did eat a few bites, but nothing like he usually does. He is a hearty eater. I pick him up and hold him and when I put him down, he goes right back to laying down.
I will contact my vet at 9 when the office opens, but I'm very concerned for him tonight.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pet
2/2/2016
Pet Specialist: Dr. Jo, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about your bun. I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question with me. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question will be available for other experts when you return online.
Thank you for using our website.

Pet Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help or have already had your bunny attended to by his vet. Unless he remissed unaided, his vet will need to thoroughly examine him in order to clarify why he's shaking and his behavior has changed. Unless additional symptoms have arisen, his presentation is too non-specific for a vet to conjecture possible causes of your bunny's malaise.