Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

New gold fishes nipped the fun of my beautiful fantail and

Customer Question

New gold fishes nipped the fun of my beautiful fantail and now the tail looks like it is getting shorter. How do I fix that. I removed the bad fish
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long ago did this happen?

Is there any redness or fuzzy material on the edges of the tail?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.