Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My degu all of the sudden is barely moving and s breathing…

Customer Question
My degu all of the...
My degu all of the sudden is barely moving and his breathing is really rapid. What can I do??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pet
His stomach is wet and he is squeaking like crazy
1/29/2016
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 2 years ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in exotics and small mammals.

The Degu is showing signs pf pain with his squeaking and the wet abdomen may be he urinated on himself or a scent gland oozing. Unfortunately without a hands on exam by a Vet the symptoms are non specific. He needs to be seen by a Vet asap. It is hard to pinpoint what is going on. Al I can recommend is to try and keep him warm and calm and get hi into be seen today asap.

Joan