Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

I have 3 rabbits that were given 2 me with a large cage 2day

Customer Question

I have 3 rabbits that were given 2 me with a large cage 2day when goin 2 feed em 1 of em has had babies we think 4 were nt sure if there dead r alive there nt moving and were scared coz we have never had rabbits before an the lady that gave em us wasn't sure of the sex please help
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in small animals and exotics, The First thing you need to do is separate the other Rabbits from the mother and kits. Make sure she has plenty of hay and fresh grasses, her pellets and some fresh Veggies. She will do the caring for the Kits. This is instructions from the House rabbit Society on how to care for the Mother and Kits: http://www.rabbit.org/care/babies.html Mother Rabbits do not lay with the Kits, so do not be alarmed if you do not see her laying with the babies. The Doe will only feed about 2 times a day, and it usually takes place at night. This is a diet for the Rabbits to make sure they are getting the Proper foods: http://rabbit.org/what-to-feed-your-rabbit/ Making sure the rabbits are eating is most important as Rabbits if they do not eat can go into a GI Stasis. The Doe will care for the Kits, so your Job will be to supply fresh bedding, separate the other rabbits and allow nature to take its course in allowing the doe to care for the kits.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

How are the Kits and doe doing? I wanted to check in and see if you were able to separate the other rabbits.

Joan