Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog was dignoised with bronchitis, can she have

Customer Question

my dog was dignoised with bronchitis, can she have bronchitis without a cough.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

It is important to understand that bronchitis is just inflammation of the bronchi (airways) within the lung. While we often see coughing with this, its usually due to secondary inflammation of the throat (as opposed to the lower located bronchi) or because of discharges accumulating within the airway. Therefore, while these associated issues can often cause a cough, it is possible to see no coughing if we have inflammation or infection of the airways alone. So, this is not an absolute requirement. Of course, if there is any doubt on this diagnosis, a chest xray or scoping of the lungs with a bronchoscope would be indicated to confirm what is ongoing within the lungs and ensure you are on the right treatment plan for Lexi.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. If you have any lingering questions or concerns,please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button withthe issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)