Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

We found a cottontail in bush in front yard a few hours ago.

Customer Question

we found a young cottontail in bush in front yard a few hours ago. not moving much. can't tell if injured. we put it in a soft towel in basket. trying to contact rabbit rescue groups but no response so far. we live in tempe, arizona. how do we keep it alive overnight. thank you. ***@******.***
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction --- now realizing bunny very injured -- blood on legs. am trying to find an emergency small animal vet in my area of tempe az on sunday night --- !!!
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. Please supply a Zip code for your area and i will try to locate an Emergency Vet for you.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks but this was so inadequate--no suggestions at all how to care for the injured bunny while we searched for a vet--and you made no vet referral at all. site is a great idea but i would never recommend it and do not expect to be charged.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I asked for a zip code to help locate a Vet for you. I did not have adequate information to assist you. Per above in Information request: Please supply a Zip code for your area and i will try to locate an Emergency Vet for you. There are many zipcodes in that area and need specific to narrow down a search and find you a Vet who could see the rabbit.