Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

My 8 month old Shepherd Husky is vomiting, has diarrhea,

Customer Question
labored breathing, lethargy and wobbles...
My 8 month old Shepherd Husky is vomiting, has diarrhea, labored breathing, lethargy and wobbles when he tries to use his back legs. He is on Prevacid and Amoxicillin for a bout of vomiting last week. Please help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pet
9/23/2015
Pet Specialist: Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about your guy. I am happy to help you this evening. I am very concerned for your guy because of what is going on. The fact he is vomiting, diarrhea, breathing heavy, lethargy and wobbling are all signs of something more severe going on. The amoxicillin is a little surprising to use because of vomiting as one of its major side effects is vomiting. I would strongly recommend having him seen as soon as possible by a vet to get him checked out. I would really be worried about dehydration, low blood sugar, pancreatitis, foreign body, or some kind of infection causing these issues. He needs to be seen, have x rays done of his abdomen and blood work done. He will probably need to be hospitalized and get some medications IV and by injection to really get him over this and make him feel better. Having him seen as soon as possible, tonight if possible, will help prevent his illness from progressing. The longer you wait the worse things can get unfortunately. When he is this sick you unfortunately will not be able to do anything at home to treat him. He must be seen by a vet to get treated at this point.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about Aimee L Gildner. How is everything going?
Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian