Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in Canine health. It sounds like your Dog is having an allergic reaction. The allergic reaction can be due to something inhaled, ingested or contact with an irritant. I suggest a Bath in an Oatmeal Bath to help with any itching and give 1mg of Plain Benedryl per pound of body weight every 8 hours. This should stop the reaction and help with the welts or hives. I do suggest a follow up with your Vet, as this is only immediate first aid and to try and stop any further reaction. The Vet may have to give something strong, but these measures should be taken immediately to help reduce the welts. Please let me know if you have further concerns. When I have answered your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.