Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.
6012901

I have an old hamster that very suddenly becomes "fat" - her

Customer Question

I have an old hamster that very suddenly becomes "fat" - her lower body appears to be swollen. From prior answers to similar questions, it sounds to me like Edema ad perhaps he is going to die soon. We have been thinking he'd not be with us for much longer.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. Thank you for requesting me. I'm sorry to hear of your hamster's condition. This is not an answer, but I just need some more information, so please don't rate my service just yet. I'm not clear on what you're asking. I understand that the hamster is old and has edema, but am not sure what information you would like from me. Can you clarify that? Thank you.