Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Previous Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My dogs hair fell out in just one spot and then a huge dried

Customer Question

My dogs hair fell out in just one spot and then a huge dried bloody mess appeared in that spot where the hair fell out. The dried bloody patch wasn't touching the skin so I started trying to carefully remove it by cutting the surround hairs but when I did the bald spot started bleeding like crazy!
Category: Pet
Expert:  Candy replied 2 years ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear your dog is having some trouble. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years. I would be happy to help I just have a few questions.

Is there anyway you can post a picture of the area so I can see exactly what you are seeing?

It is possible that you cut the skin accidentally when trying to clip the hair or do you think that maybe there was a scab that was pulled off with the hair?

Has the bleeding stopped?

Expert:  Candy replied 2 years ago.
Hi Angela,
I'm just following up on our conversation about ***** *****. How is everything going?
Candy