How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Pet
Satisfied Customers: 29034
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
Type Your Pet Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Guys I live outside of the us. I wish to import some baby

Customer Question

Guys I live outside of the us. I wish to import some baby chicks to the Caribbean. If I order some chicks from the us I would need a US Health Certificate. Does any one know of any person or company who will help me get this health certificate?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I'm a bit puzzled. Ordinarily, the exporter in the United States needs the international health certificate. The importer (you) may be restricted by your country's import requirements for chickens - which you can find online - but you don't need a health certificate issued by the United States. Please clarify.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am from Trinidad and Tobago. I wish to order chicks form a US supplier and have it delivered to a freight forwarding address... which will then forward it via air to me in Trinidad. In order to have the baby chicks approved and cleared in Trinidad I am required to to furnish the Trinidad's custom's with a US issued Health certificate indicating that the chicks are healthy. (Current health certificates endorsed by the USDA federal vet). As it stands all of the US hatcheries I contacted thus far do not export nor do they facilitate request to furnish the US Health Certificate for the baby chicks. I am in need of assistance in finding a company or person who will be willing to assist me in getting this certificate. Can you assist me? I am willing to pay for such services.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the clarification. I would have to contact hatcheries just as you've done and I regret that I'm not allowed to do so through this site. Let's see if an expert in a more general category such as "Pet" can help you. Please have***@******.*** recategorize your question into that category. I'll opt out at this time. Please don't leave a rating or respond to me - either of which will dissuade other experts from responding to you.