Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My son is in the process of applying to veterinary school.

My son is in the process of applying to veterinary school. He took the GRE for the first time yesterday and achieved a 153 in verbal and 157 in quantitative. The other components of his application are strong.
My question is if those scores are good enough to be considered for admission or should he retake the exam? And if he does retake the exam, does the GRE send an average of the scores of both tests or a "superscore" of the highest score achieved in the components of any test or simply the highest total score achieved in either test?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. Now when we send our GRE scores to the vet schools that we apply to, they are not averaged. If he takes them more then once, all the scores will be sent and the school will take the highest in each subject for consideration. Just to give you an idea of how competitive his scores are compared with recent accepted vet students, I would note that at Colorado state they had average GRE scores of 156 on verbal and 154 on the quantitative. So, he has done quite well and is firmly within the average score bracket of students that were accepted into vet school. I hope this information is helpful.If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!All the best, ***** you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )