Rebeccavet
Rebeccavet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian since 1985, treating cats, dogs, and other small animals
11877925

My rabbit has fleas. I treat my cat with Advantage II rather

Customer Question

My rabbit has fleas. I treat my cat with Advantage II rather than Advantage. It is small cat size (5-9) and my bunny is 4-5 pounds. Is this safe for my bunnies as well?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Rebeccavet replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question about Thumper. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
There have been no studies using Advantage II in rabbits. The company that makes it does not claim safety in bunnies. In my research about you question, the consensus is that it is "probably safe" but there are no studies to show that it is safe, so I would not recommend it.
The recommended flea product for rabbits is Revolution, selamectin.
Let me know what else I can answer or help with.