Cher
Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs
Experience:  Specialist in Pet Healthcare and Behavior
1470369

I have a 12 week old squirrel that has coccidia

Customer Question

Category: Pet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to acquire albon or ponazuril for the squirrel, but my vet here died and I do not have a new one.
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question.
I'm sorry to hear that your squirrel has coccidia and also, that your vet died. Very sad!
Try to find another vet and ask for the most appropriate medication to help cure the coccidia. Even if the vet you find does not normally treat squirrels, you can ask for the medication(s), if your other vet definitely diagnosed coccidia through a fecal sample analysis. Here is more information on this condition in squirrels:
http://www.squirrelrehabilitation.com/coccidia.htm
I am not able to see your location. If you're located in the US, I can try to help you find another vet, if you provide your city, state and zipcode.
Everything that you've done so far is great, but only the medication will eradicate the coccidia.
I hope all will be well with your squirrel and you're able to find another vet to prescribe the needed medication/treatment.
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I am credited by the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!
Warmest regards,
Cher