Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

I have this baby duck that I am taking care of after the

Customer Question
I have this baby duck...

I have this baby duck that I am taking care of after the mother abandoned it. I have had it a week or so now. I noticed something happened to the tip of one of its wings the first night I had it. I am not sure if it was gone when it got here or it lost part of a wing trying to escape the dog kennel we put it in to keep track of it.  Do you think the duck will still be able to fly? My boyfriend seems to think it will grow back but I don't see how its going to do that anymore than I could regrow and arm.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pet
5/5/2015
Pet Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello again, Is the damage to the feathers or the wing tissue itself? Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, I am happy to have a look (since it will let me see what you are seeing). To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool. Or you can post them on a 3rd party site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web address here

2015-05-07_021916_201505...jpg2015-05...jpg2015-05-07_022022_201505...jpg2015-05...jpg2015-05-07_022049_201505...jpg2015-05...jpg2015-05-07_022111_201505...jpg2015-05...jpg2015-05-07_022129_201505...jpg2015-05...jpg2015-05-07_022149_201505...jpg2015-05...jpg
Hi again Tami,

Your photos are very small (and therefore have little detail of the wing). Can you post these a bit larger?

Dr. B.

There is no way for me to rate your answer for some reason?

Hi Tami,

I suspect that is because my last post was actually an info request about the photo size. If you do still want to post them a bit bigger, you are very welcome to.

All the best,
Dr B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian