Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My 2 y.o female American staffy was de sexed 5 months ago .

Customer Question
she takes weekly estrogen and...
My 2 y.o female American staffy was de sexed 5 months ago . she takes weekly estrogen and only leaks after intensive running
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pet
11/16/2014
Pet Specialist: Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Hello there. My name is***** and I am sorry to hear about your girl. That is good that the estrogen is working pretty much most of the time. With intensive running she may be stressing her body and putting herself into a more relaxed state than all the other time and beyond a state that the current medication is working. I would discuss adding in a second medication called proin which can definitely help the situation and fix the problem. The other option would be to switching to a daily estrogen supplement called Incurin. This sometimes works better for the harder cases that are not responding to the weekly estrogen supplements. So i would discuss both these options with your vet and see which option is best for your girl at this point and time. The Incurin daily dosage may be a little more cost effective than the Proin and estrogen supplement but your vet will be able to help you with these options.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time.