i have 3 goldfish one of them has black rings around its eyes,

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: i have 3 goldfish one of them has black rings around its eyes, and the back on its body had gone black on one side, all of its fins have started to disintegrate my other too goldfish have started to attack it is there treatment or is it dieing
Answered by Jav917 in 5 mins 10 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Cat Veterinary, Bird Veterinary, Reptile Veterinary, Exotic Animal Veterinary

Have you done a water quality test?

How big is the tank?

Do you have filtration?

Joan

Customer

hi thanks for helping me

yes i have too filtrations

i moved my fish from a 16" to a 32" but i had to put it in a cooking bowl because the other to fish keep biting it so it speek,

i have never done a water wuality test i clean my filters one a week and the tank every 2 week but the bowl its in now everyday

The fisrt step is to check your Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrate levels in the tank. What you are describing is due to Ammonia spikes that cause an ammonia burn. This has caused the blackening of the skin as well as the shredded fins. Some fish are more sensitive to the Ammonia spikes in a tan.

Keeping the fish separate in a hospital tank will be the way to try and save it. The fish has to be free of the ammonia levels in the water. When you do a water test the Ammonia should be 0, the Nitrites 0, and the Nitrates less than 20ppm.

You can use Amquel in the water to remove the Ammonia and Chlorine in the water. Next you can use Stress Coat to help with the healing of the fish. This is some information on Ammonia Burns: http://www.happy-goldfish.com/blog/a-closer-look-at-black-spot-disease-ammonia/

I would do a partial water 3/4 change in the tank and continue to do that until you can get the water parmeters down to where they need to be. The Fish should heal if you can get rid of the Ammonia. Right now you may have some problems even keeping the fish is a cooking bowl since there is no filtration. Joan

Read less
unlike
1 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.