Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Thanks a million!!! I sent you another bonus to a previous…

Customer Question
Thanks a million!!! I sent...
Thanks a million!!! I sent you another bonus to a previous question.
i have another question to you: Since they recommend for all medications to remove the carbon from the filter but my filter has all in one what should I do to make the medication work at its best?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pet
6/20/2010
Pet Specialist: TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO, YOUR TROPICAL FISH RESOURCE replied 8 years ago
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO, YOUR TROPICAL FISH RESOURCE

Yes I did receive your additional bonus and I thank you.

Most medicines recommend that the carbon be removed from the filter before adding them but some don't. I believe most if not all of the Ich medicines do suggest the carbon be removed before adding.

If you encounter a problem with removing the carbon from your filter the best, XXXXX XXXXX most economical way to deal with this is to temporarily use a sponge filter in the aquarium. Click on link below for a view of a typical sponge filter. It's just a matter of using the right-sized filter for your tank. Sponge filters can be found at most major pet stores such as PetSmart and Petco. A sponge filter will supply some basic filtration and oxygen. You can continue to run the main filter minus the filter media.

I'll be signing off shortly so if you have additional inquiries I'll address them tommorrow morning.

Warm regards.

Ric

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=21425

.