Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My goldfish is just around 3 weeks old, and it started to hide…

Customer Question
My goldfish is just around...
My goldfish is just around 3 weeks old, and it started to hide behind the plants 3 days ago. I have another fish which is ok all along. 2 days ago, it started to lie on its side at the bottom of the tank. tried hard to swim (but unsuccessful) when i moved around outside the tank. I took it out to another separate tank yesterday. Its scales, fins and eyes all all ok.
this morning i noted that it has spots of bleeding on its eyes and some reddish small patches on its body. i treated it a bacterial infection, changed 50% of water and started a medication that claims to treat bacteria. My fish got more and more lethargic, and lying on its side, it seem to breath periodically. There are also some reddish colour around the gills.
Just now I noted a small brown dot on its face, and that dot elevated from the face. I am really worried as its condition is deterioating. can anyone help? ---- (some time later)thanks for your help.i checked on my fish and it sucumbed. thanks.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pet
6/16/2010
Pet Specialist: TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO, YOUR TROPICAL FISH RESOURCE replied 8 years ago
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO, YOUR TROPICAL FISH RESOURCE

You wrote-"i checked on my fish and it sucumbed"- do you still desire assistance with your tank/remaining fish?

.