Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

How much is the average veterinary fee for a consult if ...

How much is the average...
How much is the average veterinary fee for a consult if your pet has no medical insurance?
11/6/2007
Cher
Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs

Do you mean a 'well-visit' or 'sick visit' for your pet, or a consultation for you just to talk to the vet about an existing problem?

What City/State do you live in?

Thanks for any additional detail.

Cher
Hi. I'm from Roseville, Michigan. My dog gave birth 4 weeks ago and she's shedding excessively and skin irritations localized on the braests area. I kinda thought it was hormonal coz she's nursing and all that, so guess it's a sick visit. Only if you're too kind to answer both "well-visit" and "sick-visit" fees for one who doesn't have medical insurance. thanksss.
Hi again, and thanks for your additional information.

If the mammary areas are irritated, red, swollen, hot, and she's losing fur there, she might have mastitis, which is an inflammation/infection of the mammary tissue and not uncommon in nursing moms.

It would be difficult to quote you exact fees for a vet visit--well and sick visits should cost the same, as you will be charged for an 'office visit', and then any treatments or medications would be additional. At my vet, an office visit is usually about $35-$55, but if you don't have insurance, you might want to apply for Care Credit, a credit card for veterinary visits and medications. www.carecredit.com. You can also contact some of the organizations below, to see if they can help you pay for your dog's (and puppies, if necessary) vet visit, if you're in a financial bind at this time:

American Animal Hospital Association
http://www.aahahelpingpets.org/home
" Through the AAHA Helping Pets Fund, veterinary care is possible for sick or injured pets even if they have been abandoned or if their owner is experiencing financial hardship."

Angels 4 Animals
http://www.angels4animals.org/
"Our services range from financial aid to complete treatment
to those pets and pet owners in need."

Care Credit
http://www.carecredit.com/
A credit card company for health care, including veterinary care.
"With a comprehensive range of plan options, for
treatment or procedure fees from $1 to over $25,000, we offer a plan
and a low monthly payment to fit comfortably into almost every
budget."

Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance (FVEAP)
http://www.fveap.org/sys-tmpl/door/
"Seniors, People with disabilities, People who
have lost their job, Good Samaritans who rescue a cat or kitten - any of these folks may need financial assistance to save a beloved companion."

The Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Prog ram is a nonprofit 501
(c)(3) organization that provides financial assistance to cat and
kitten guardians who are unable to afford veterinary services to save
their companions when life-threatening illness or injury strikes.

God's Creatures Ministry
http://www.all-creatures.org/gcm/help-cf.html
"This fund helps pay for veterinarian bills for those who need help."

Help-A-Pet
http://www.help-a-pet.org/home.html
"Our efforts focus on serving the elderly, the disabled, and the
working poor."

The Pet Fund
http://thepetfund.com/
"The Pet Fund is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit association that
provides financial assistance to owners of domestic animals who need
urgent veterinary care."

In or near Roseville, MI, I've found these vet practices:

Elm Animal Hospital
20530 EXXXXX
Roseville, MI 48066 (NNN) NNN-NNNN

http://www.sharpanimalhospital.vetsuite.com/Templates/inquisitive.aspx

http://rosevillemi.areaguides.net/ypcyellow.html?what=Veterinary+Clinics+%26+Hospitals&searchType=EXACT_CATEGORY

You can call a few nearest you, and ask how much they would charge for an initial visit for your dog.

I hope you're able to have her seen ASAP and she and the puppies will be fine!

Cher
Cher
Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs
Cher
Cher
Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs