Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

there has been a 6 lizard in my toilet twice in two ...

there has been a 6"...
there has been a 6" lizard in my toilet twice in two different toilets! I live in Sierra Madre, CA, why is this happening? How are they getting in here? how can I keep them out? how do I solve this dilemma?????? help, p.s. I removed him and put him outside.....
8/26/2007
John Sanders
John Sanders, Retail Manager, Hobbyist
Hi karen, I wish I could be back out west, I used to catch lizards and scorpions in my house all the time. Lizards are going to go wherever they can find water and food. Most lizards are insectivores. They're going in your house after crickets, spiders, ants, termites or any other insects they can find. While in your house they've found a constant renewed fresh water supply.

How to get rid of them? If and when I've had this occurance I've let the lizards live in the house. They are amazingly clean and will prevent or at least reduce infestations of a lot of pest insects as well as mice in some instances. You just have to convince yourself that they're not scary.... I promise, they're not. Laughing They'll run from you in every chance encounter. They're not going to come up to you. They're also completely harmless. If you don't pick them up you will not get bitten. If you do pick them up, your chances of being bitten go up dramatically but even then, worse case scenario. You would nave to put neosporin on your finger with a band-aid and it would be completely healed within 2 days.

If you would still like to get rid of them, you have to take away their water, food, or shelter to cause them to leave. Keep the toilets closed so they're not able to get in as easily. Even if you don't see bugs at your house, most houses have some.... They live in the walls, attics, garages, basements and foundations. Have an exterminator come out and do his termination thing. It will possibly kill the lizards via the insects that they're eating. I hope this helps, Please let me know if you need anything else.
John Sanders
John Sanders, Retail Manager, Hobbyist