Animal Eyes
Animal Eyes, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  25 years as a vet tech, 15 years working with exotics, pocket pets, birds and reptiles
1527314

my guinea pig has blood in her stool and is showing signs ...

Customer Question

my guinea pig has blood in her stool and is showing signs of fatigue. what should i do?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Animal Eyes replied 10 years ago.
How long has this been going on? What is her normal diet? These answers will help me give you a better response.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Animal Eyes's Post: My guinea pig has not been eating much for the past week and she is not up to anything. she is always tired looking and she doesn't make noise. Her diet consists of guinea pig food and fruits/veggies.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Animal Eyes's Post: my guinea pig has been sick for about a week. her normal diet consists of guinea pig food and fruits/veggies. she hasn't been up to anything lately and has been really quiet.
You need to have her seen by your vet. It sounds like either she has been injured or something has caused some severe stress which may be causing the blood and lethargy. Also if she isn't on the proper diet this can contribute to her overall health. The main part of the diet should be hay and lots of it and supplemented with pellets and very small amounts of fruits. Vitamin C should be added to the water daily since they can't produce it themselves. Get her seen soon before she becomes worse. She needs help.