Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

What is oregon laws on pet Alligators

Customer Question
what is oregon laws on...
what is oregon laws on pet Alligators
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Pet
12/3/2006
Pet Specialist: Ms Chase, Farm Owner replied 10 years ago
Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Farm Owner

redog,

What city are you in?

Chase

Salem,Oregon
Relist: No answer yet.
Pet Specialist: CheriS, Herpetologist replied 10 years ago
CheriS
CheriS, Herpetologist
Customer/p>

Thank you for asking about pet alligators in Oregon on Just Answer.

There currently are no state laws restricting pet alligators and you are not required to have a Class III license to own them. There also is no registration requirements if you are purchasing them in the state and they are found for sale there. Oregon does not regulate them since they can not survive very well in the wild there.

If you are bringing them in from another state, you do have to have proof they are healthy and you would contact the Department of Agriculture for the State to process that. Their number if you need it is(###) ###-####

You would need to check city ordinance with local government and also deed restrictions for the community you reside in to make sure they do not have individual restrictions.

Please let me know if you need any further information on this subject

CheriS
CheriS, Herpetologist
CheriS
CheriS
CheriS, Herpetologist