Patricia
Patricia, Parrot Consultant
Experience:  Published author, free lance bird behaviorist, adviser to the parrots at Sarasota Jungle Gardens.
1035247

How does marijuana affect guinea pigs?

Customer Question

How does marijuana affect guinea pigs?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Patricia replied 10 years ago.
Hello. I don't know if you mean by being around the smoke or by eating some of it. In either case, of couse, it could be very harmful to them. Obviously they could be poisoned if they ingest any of it, just the same as with any tobacco product. None of our pets should be exposed to smoke of any kind either. It's too harsh for their delicate respiratory systems. Either kind of exposure could be fatal to them. If you are going to smoke it, or any any other substance, please don't do it in the same room with them. And by all means, do not let them have access to any they might eat. I hope this answers the question. If not, just let me know. Patricia