Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

cockatiel: my female..month of May threw july and there no baby

Customer Question
why my famale cockatiel bird...
why my famale cockatiel bird have eggs they dont hatch she had 18 eggs between month of
May threw July and there no baby
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Pet
7/12/2006
Pet Specialist: NancyH, Pet Health Care, Rescue,Train,Breed replied 11 years ago
NancyH
NancyH, Pet Health Care, Rescue,Train,Breed
Egg production is a function of the amount of light a bird receives. If you do not have a male who is mating with your female the eggs will be infertile.
You can read here about egg production in cockatiels
http://my3tiels.tripod.com/id14.html
http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB/Proceedings/PR05000/PR00352.htm
Make sure she is getting enough calcium in her diet as egg formation can deplete a bird badly.
If she does have a mate make sure there is an appropriate nest box for egg laying.
Hope this helps you!
NancyH
NancyH
NancyH