Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

pit bull: My sweet..loose stools for the last couple of days..shots…

Customer Question
My sweet pit bull, suge...
My sweet pit bull, suge, has had loose stools for the last couple of days. She is up-to-date with all of her shots. She is 2 yrs. old & acts & looks like scooby-doo. We recently spread multch outside & I noticed she had been chewing on some of the lg. pieces....what can I do to help her?
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Pet
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2006
Pet Specialist: Gina, Animal Care Specialist replied 12 years ago
Gina
Gina, Animal Care Specialist
Is there any blood in the stool?

Is she eating and drinking normally?

Any lethargy or is she acting like her normal self?
Reply to Gina's Post: No blood in stool, She has some appetite, but not usual,she is acting a little sluggish this AM..She's embarrassed.
The first thing I am going to suggest is the obvious, try to keep her away from the mulch.

Keep her hydrated. You can add some plain pedialyte to her drinking water or you can offer it by the dropper full. This is very important.

Feed her a bland diet of boiled chicken (no skin, no bones, no seasonings) and rice for a few meals. This is called a bland diet and will help settle her stomach.

If you see her acting more lethargic or any other symptoms arise like vomiting or fever or bloody diarrhea, please seek veterinary care as soon as you can. These are signs of an intestinal blockage or poisoning.

I hope this helps and that your girl is her normal Scooby self quickly :) If you found this information helpful, please remember to click the green accept button :)
Gina
Gina, Animal Care Specialist