Our leopard gecko has stopped eating and looks like it may have a bacterial infection on one of its eyes. About 2 weeks

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Our leopard gecko has stopped eating and looks like it may have a bacterial infection on one of its eyes
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the leopard gecko's appetite? Any changes in energy?
Customer: about 2 weeks ago. Energy really the same
JA: Does the leopard gecko seem to be in any pain?
Customer: not that I can tell
JA: And what's the leopard gecko's name and age?
Customer: Geck I think 3-4 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i don’t think so. It’s my son’s lizard and he isn’t here to answer the questions unfortunately
Answered by LoridawnG in 2 hours 8 months ago
imglogo
LoridawnG
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Hi!  I am sorry to hear about Geck!  It may have started first with a foreign body.  It is good to moist the area first with a damp gauze and some coconut oil to lubricate and clean the eyes.  You can use coconut oil as a mild anti bacterial agent for mild infections but this may have developed more into an abscess. Ideally you would bring him into a local vet to have the eye cleaned and treated with anitbiotics.  You can start with polysporin drops and there are a few homeopathic remedies available online or at a local health food store.  They are hepar Sulfur 30 ch or 200Ch for infection and apis 30Ch for the swelling. You crush up 3 pellets between two spoons and give him the powder orally into his mouth for 2 days.
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
LoridawnG
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
LoridawnG
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.