She has lost a lot of weight and lethargic. Her environment is what was recommended. Ive tried flukers Repta boost to

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: She has lost a lot of weight and lethargic. Her environment is what was recommended. Ive tried flukers Repta boost to increase appetite. She eats crickets. Does not poop regularly and has been loosing weight. We haven’t been giving vitamins, so I’m concerned if I’m amble to turn this around? We love her, but I feel like we are failing her. Is it possible to get help on here, or do we have to take her to a vet?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of reptile are we talking about?
Customer: leopard gecko Aria is her name
JA: When did you first notice this increase in the leopard gecko's appetite?
Customer: she hasn’t had an increase in appetite
JA: And what's the leopard gecko's name and age?
Customer: Aria, 3
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i think thats it
Answered by paul brazzell in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
paul brazzell
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Hello there. This is Dr.Paul Brazzell- Nice to meet you. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your pet; I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you. Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts. Discussing the case by phone allows me to be more efficient and accurate in assessing the problem. Now, let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you.

Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

Customer
I'm ready

Good morning!

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with Aria. Do you have a heat lamp and broad-spectrum UV light for her? Do you have a basking area? Are you dusting the crickets?

Customer
I have not been dusting crickets but all the others yes
Customer
I can send a picture if that helps

That would be great!

To upload an image, use the paper clip icon.
To the left of the Send button, you will see an "+ Add files" link. Click on that link and select the images.
With some browsers, it is just above your chat window.
With some phones, it is in the lower-left corner.

Customer
Customer attachment 10/26/2021 11:42:50 AM
Customer
I'm afraid I might be too late. She's barely moving, I touched her and she did move, but ever so slightly.
Customer
Customer attachment 10/26/2021 11:45:26 AM
Customer
Her cage went down in temp when we had the lamp off. She feels cold on my hands

Thank you so much. Yes, she looks very gaunt and dehydrated. And note how flat her skin looks (no color). I would recommend that you take her in for an examination, treatment with Vitamin D and Calcium injections, and deworming. The veterinarian will also be able to give you recommendations on diet and husbandry. Please make sure that it is a veterinarian who specializes in reptiles. You can go to vetlocator.com to find one.

I am so sorry to have to recommend this. The good news is that we should be able to get Aria back on track.

Paul

Customer
Thank you Paul
Customer
I'm glad to know there is hope. I will get to work!

You are so very welcome.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions regarding this problem or any future concerns.

I am here to help!

Paul

Customer
You are appreciated!!!! Will do!
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
paul brazzell
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
paul brazzell
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.