Very lethargic, so instead of rushing to the vet I want to see if she’s vitamin deficient but not eating crickets. Would

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi! Very lethargic, so instead of rushing to the vet I want to see if she’s vitamin deficient but not eating crickets. Would it be too much concentration to just sprinkle the powder on a piece of kale and give it to her?
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. What type of reptile are we talking about?
Customer: Chameleon
JA: When did you first notice this decrease in the chameleon's appetite?
Customer: probably about a week now, but nothing serious until 4 days ago. She was scratching the bottom of the cage so I set up a nest for her to lay eggs and usually doesn’t eat when she’s fertile so I wasn’t worried
JA: Does the chameleon seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No but she doesn’t want to hang on her vine and when I grab her she doesn’t hiss at all and closes her eyes for periods of time
JA: What's the chameleon's name and age?
Customer: Kai! She’s about 4
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Kai?
Customer: she had an infection in her mouth last year but it has cleared up since than
Answered by Dr Ryan in 1 day 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr Ryan
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Good afternoon. I am DR. Ryan. I look forward to helping you today.

I am sorry your chameleon is lethargic. It is fine if you want to sprinkle the calcium supplement on his other food to help.

Customer
Okay thank you
Customer
She hasn’t opened her eyes in two days
Customer
Do you think supplements can be a miracle cure and have a turn around or she is definitely passing away?
Customer
Her currently
Most likely passing away
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr Ryan
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr Ryan
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.