I have a leopard gecko that is not eating and I just noticed a raisin since bulge under his tail. About a month ago I

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I have a leopard gecko that is not eating and I just noticed a raisin since bulge under his tail
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the leopard gecko's appetite? How is his energy level?
Customer: about a month ago I noticed a decrease that wasn't substantial but it has continued to decrease over time. In the last few days he hasn't eaten much at all and he is lethargic
JA: Does the leopard gecko seem to be in any pain?
Customer: His usually plump tail is depleted
JA: And what's the leopard gecko's name and age?
Customer: Leo and he is 3
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: not really sure...never had to get treatment for a gecko
Answered by DrRoyC in 5 hours 1 year ago
imglogo
DrRoyC
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Hello,Customerresponding to your message regarding Leo, know you are worried, I'm very concerned as well. The swollen area may be an impacted hemi penis. If possible soak in warm and shallow water for 5 minutes 3 times day. Send photos and video. We will discuss further when you reply.
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
DrRoyC
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
DrRoyC
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.