Leopard Gecko not eating, loss of weight, Feces smell and watery, just shed. It’s been about three days of loss of

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Leopard Gecko not eating, loss of weight, Feces smell and watery, just shed
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the leopard gecko's appetite? Any changes in energy?
Customer: It’s been about three days of loss of appetite. He seems fine hiding a little more but is still moving around tank.
JA: Does the leopard gecko seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No pain
JA: And what's the leopard gecko's name and age?
Customer: drinking water now
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Bronco and we just got him he’s not an adult.
Answered by DrRoyC in 7 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
DrRoyC
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Hello,Customerresponding to your message regarding Bronco, understand your concerns. The weight loss and anorexia indicates underlying illness. Soak in warm and shallow water for 5 minutes 3 times day. Photos and video Help use paper clip icon and please upload. We will discuss further when you reply.
Customer
I'm not seeing the video
Customer
Then
Customer
Customer attachment 11/26/2020 3:45:27 PM
Customer
Now
Thanks for photo. Unfortunately you purchased a sick Gecko, an option is to return, check your paper work and receipt to see if there is a health warranty.
Goal is to keep alive until you can return or can be seen by a reptile veterinarian.
Being Thanksgiving we are limited on proactive care at home
Customer
Is there something you see that makes your feel that he's sick?
Your history.
What is substrate or bedding in habitat?
Customer
Reptile carpet
Customer
We've had him for about two weeks we just got him a larger tank two days ago and he also just got done shedding. Do you think he's not eating because of those reasons?
Possibly, the loose stool concerns me.
Would you like me to send you links?
Customer
please

Lizards | Arizona Exotic Animal Hospital | Medical and Care ...

azeah.com › taxonomy › term › all

"Stick Tail" is a common term used to describe a leopard gecko that loses ... many possible causes including, but not limited to, dehydration, parasites, poor diet, ...

Leopard Gecko Care - Avian and Exotic Animal Care

www.avianandexotic.com › care-sheets › reptiles › leop...

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
DrRoyC
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
DrRoyC
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.