My bearded dragon isn’t eating. Like a couple weeks ago, she is acting tired. Lizzie. She has redish orange spots on her

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My bearded dragon isn’t eating
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the Bearded Dragon's appetite? Any changes in energy?
Customer: like a couple weeks ago, she is acting tired
JA: Does the Bearded Dragon seem to be in any pain?
Customer: no
JA: What's the Bearded Dragon's name?
Customer: Lizzie
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: she has redish orange spots on her belly
Answered by paul brazzell in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
paul brazzell
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Hello there. I am Dr.Paul Brazzell, and I will be helping you today.

I am sorry that you are having trouble with your pet; I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you.

Talking by phone allows me to give a more accurate and rapid assessment of the problem. The more information I have, the better the job I can do.

Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts.

Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

Customer
I’m ready

I would keep the tank at 75-85 degrees—75 at night and 85 during the day. I would create a basking area under the heat lamp and keep that at 90-95 degrees. Make sure that there is a small dish of water so that he can soak. I would buy a broad spectrum UV light ASAP. He is likely calcium deficient. The recommended bulb for a hatchling and sub-adult is a Repti Sun 10.0. Make sure that it is over the basking area and less than 10 inches away. You can dust the crickets with a calcium supplement 3-4 times a week. Make sure it does not contain phosphorus.

Do you have a basking area? This should be kept at 90 degrees. The rest of the tank should be at 75-85 degrees (75 at night). I would place a water dish in the tank so that he can soak in that. This will help a lot with dehydration. The tank should be at 40-60 percent humidity. I would offer a salad of greens such as romaine lettuce, escarole, Swiss chard, mustard greens, and turnip greens with a small number of other vegetables and fruits such as carrots, peas, strawberries, blueberries, melon, and squash once a day. Edible flowers such as squash blossoms are also okay to offer and generally relished. Insects such as crickets, mealworms, and feeder roaches are excellent protein sources and should be offered every other day to every three days till he gets back on track.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Dr. Paul Brazzell

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
paul brazzell
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
paul brazzell
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.