Ok when we first got him he would eat the crickets we would get him. And now he will not eat them but he is eating the

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Ok when we first got him he would eat the crickets we would get him. And now he will not eat them but he is eating the baby food we got him is this normal
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of reptile are we talking about?
Customer: Crested gecko lizzard
JA: When did you first notice this decrease in the gecko's appetite? How is his energy level?
Customer: About three weeks ago we didn't feed him any baby food until about four days ago he eats it
JA: Does the gecko seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No he is fine
JA: What's the gecko's name?
Customer: Gismo
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No not really we just like him and don't want to hurt him in any way
Answered by Jav917 in 15 mins 2 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

My mae is Joan and I am a Vet Tech with over 40 years in Reptiles.

Crested Geckos are not really bug eaters, They are grom a tropical envurin,eny whete fruit falls and rits whuch us their nrmal diet.

I suggest gettung some Rapashy Crested gecko food. They have several formulas as well as Pangea has some also. that is the normal diet for the Crestie. You can mix a little baby food gruit in it to get him eating. I suggest with each meal you add a pinch of calcium in it.

Cruckets can be offered once in a whike, byt they are not a staple food.

Please reply for concerns.

Joan

Checking in to see ifg you need more help and if you found the infgo helpful

Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.