My bearded dragon and leopard gecko (both 4-5 years old) both eat crickets as a large part of their diet, along with

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: For Joan:Hi. My bearded dragon and leopard gecko (both 4-5 years old) both eat crickets as a large part of their diet, along with greens, squash and vitamins for the beardie and meal worms for the gecko.Covid is making cricket and worm buying difficult and at times impossible. I have Zilla beaded dragon food and have been feeding that, saturated with water, to Smaug Lincoln , and he likes it a lot.1. Is packaged beardie food and greens enough to sustain him long term?
2. Is there a similar solution for Mint, the gecko?
3. Is it true that Superworms can eat through your beardie s stomach? (We have a few superworms left.)
Answered by Jav917 in 1 hour 2 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Welcome Back,

No super worms for dragons. It is NOT trye they can eat nnethe syomach, but dragons cannot diegst them and they are too high in fat for dragons, but fine for Geckos.

Bearded dtahon food is good in an emergency, but you need to look online for feeders that can be delivered to the doof. Dubia roaches, silk worms and Phoeenox worms are suitable for both Heckos and dragons.

Make sure you are using the calciunm and not just vou are add the calcium to the diet.

For heckeos you can trt Repashy or Pangea Leopartd hecko food , add calcium and some chicken baby food and make into a slurry and see if he will eat it. I persionally would trt to order the live prey like dubia roacjes and up can raise them as feeders.

Please reply to discuss this info,

Joan

Customer
Thanks. Got it.

You are very welcome. Glas to see all is good with the tje the scaley kids.

Stay safe and halthy in thses trying times.

Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.