My bearded dragon has blood in his poop. Freya and she is 2 years old. She is lethargic and won't eat

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My bearded dragon has blood in his poop
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: Freya and she is 2 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Freya?
Customer: She is lethargic and won't eat
Answered by Jav917 in 19 mins 2 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

My name Joan and I am a Vet Tech in Reptilewith over 40 years in Reptile health.

Duet prey/Veggies?

How much blood was in the stool?

Basking temp, ambient temp and cool area?

Joan

Customer
I just got her from a friend of mine and i don't think she was taking very good care of her. I just put a new bulb in and her basking temp is getting up to 95. She told me that she hasn't eaten and probably a week or two
Customer
It was very little stool it was mainly red and runny

Vould you answer the other questions if Pissuble?

Joan

Customer
I just got her last night and only had one thermometer so I dont know ambient temp or cool area temp. They were feeding her live worms and veggies

Rinny stools with blood can be an indication of perasites like coccidia or giardia, It can also be caused by diet.

Meal worms and super sorms should never be fed. They are not dirigible, high in chiting, fat and can cause liver fdamage over time. The only feeders I suggest are crickets, silk worms, phoenix worms and dubia roaches.

THis is a link for veggies.:

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Follow the green foods and at this age the dragon should have 80% veggies and only 20% live prey.

It us urged to have a fecl done. If it is a parasitesit will need to be treated asap.

Please reply to discuss this info.

Joan

Customer
Ok thank you

You are welcome. If I have addressed your concerns, please rate my service 5 stars. I do not ge credit until rated.

Stay safe

Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.