I have a sudan plated lizard that I got from a repticon a few months ago. He had a small bump on his back when I got him

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi! I have a sudan plated lizard that I got from a repticon a few months ago. He had a small bump on his back when I got him but it's getting progressively worse. Now, it's larger and has turned white-ish. Almost like the scales are "dead"
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Has the lizard been licking or rubbing the bump?
Customer: Not that I've noticed? He hides most of the time so I only see him a few times a day
JA: What's the lizard's name and age?
Customer: His name is***** and I honestly have no idea how old he is. I got him from a repticon back in August and the lady said he was wild caught. I felt bad for him so I thought I'd bring him home and give him a big cage and spoil him bu the bump just seems to be getting worse.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Kevin?
Customer: That's about it I think
Answered by Jav917 in 37 mins 2 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet Tech with over 40 years in Reptile health,

Cab you pist a pic of the bump and the area so I can have a visual?

Use the paper clip icon tp yoload the pic from a PC.

Joan

Customer
Sure! Give me one second.

I will be standing by.

Joan

Customer
Customer attachment 3/3/2020 10:45:07 PM
Customer
Customer attachment 3/3/2020 10:45:09 PM
Customer
This is what it looks like.
Customer
Customer attachment 3/3/2020 10:51:48 PM
Customer
This one is better.

I suspect it is an abscess. Yn Reptiles abscesses are thick cheesy material and isial;y a reslt of prey biting the host animal.

This will be need to be lookes at by a Herp Vet and opened as well as an Antibiotic be given as well as the abscess itself cleaned out.

Please reply to discuss this info,

Joan

Customer
I am picking him up to take these pictures and I noticed one on his tail as well... This one I haven't noticed before. I typically take him out every two weeks or so and let him walk around for a bit. This is the one on his tail.
Customer
I haven't had him long and he's the only one in his cage... The lady who I got him from said he was wild caught. He had the one on his back when I got him, but I didn't notice the one on his tail...
Customer
I live in Marietta GA and I can't seem to find any vets around me that specializes in reptiles. Do you happen to know of anyone in GA?

Criclets and syper worm bites can cause tjis type of issue. It only takes one bute.

Joan

Customer
Oh wow. So this could be caused by a cricket? I do fees him crickets....
Customer
Feed *

Never leave prey in the tank as this can be the result.

I have a Gerp Vet list. buyt not sure if any in your area.

http://www.anapsid.org/vets/georgia.html

PLease click the link above gort the Vet list

Jaon

Customer
Thank you so much!!! I'm going to make him an appointment asap!

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. Of I have answered all your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

Customer
I will, thank you!!

You are welcome.

Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.