Can I send pictures of my iguana heat lamp burn, Pet store said try Vaseline n I did but it looks black now This

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Can I send pictures of my iguana heat lamp burn
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did this happen? Have you used anything to treat the burn so far?
Customer: Pet store said try Vaseline n I did but it looks black now This happened 1 or 2 months ago
JA: And what's the iguana's name and age?
Customer: He's 2 years old maybe she idk his name is iggy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Iggy?
Customer: No
Answered by Joan in 5 mins 2 years ago
imglogo
Joan
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet tech with over 4o years in Reptile Health.

You can use the Paper clip in the tool bar and upload from the computer.

What can I assist you with about your igggy.

Joan

Customer
He got to close to heat lamp burnt his skkin and his spike literally burnt off. Pet store said to Vaseline it to moisture it but looks worse black now
Customer
Can I send pictures

Yes, use the paper clip icon in the tool bar to upload a Oic.

Joan

Let me ask you do you have a basking bulb ot were you sold a Infra Red bulb for basking?

A Basking bulb is full spectrum.

Jpan

Customer
Customer attachment 2/26/2020 8:45:04 AM
Customer
Customer attachment 2/26/2020 8:45:06 AM
Customer
Customer attachment 2/26/2020 8:46:28 AM
Customer
Customer attachment 2/26/2020 8:46:37 AM
Customer
My cat is dying now to
Customer
I can't believe this is happening
Customer
I hope for 30 monthly it's a 24/7 app or I'm wanting a refund
Customer
My male cat is 2 years old he 2 days ago he was like going right like mean at his private area and now two days later he's shiting I am sorry pooping feces and vomiting everywhere and now he can't use his two back legs and he just laying there looking like he's dying what what do I do do you have any idea what this can be?
Customer
2 yr. Old male cat, neutered
I am flat broke till next week but I don't he will make it till then to see n pay for vet. Assistance.
Customer
Is just answer 24/7
Questions and answers
If not refund me ASAP please???
Customer
Did you also get pictures of my iguana? Now here's pictures of my �� cat ok
Customer
Customer attachment 2/26/2020 9:04:27 AM
Customer
Customer attachment 2/26/2020 9:05:33 AM
Customer
hellooooooooooooooooooooo plz EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY
Customer
I take that as a NO

I am sorry I responded tu assist with the iggy and not a cat which needs to go to a different expert.

If you would like to place a question about your cat someone can assisit you and I would be happy to assist with the iggy.

Joan

Customer
Ok
Customer
do you have an idea what can I do for Iggy?
Customer
Iguana Iggy
Customer
Did u get pictures of my iguana

The only Pic I got that opened was the cat. Was the light that caused the burn a red light?

Joan

Customer
Hi
Customer
Reptile heat bulb that yes is red
Customer
Ik what happened was he was to close to light for to long
Customer
I just need to know what can I do to make it better
Customer
I heard soak in water with some kind of medicine phydioligine something that started with pH I believe.
Customer
What time do you people stop answering questions?

We have experts on 24 hours a day. I am working on your answer.

Joan

Burns demanding o m how serious the burns are. If the burn was from a red light the burn could be a Thermal burn which means the burn is deeper than the skin and the area may need to be debrided to remove dead tissues to fully treat the area..

If the burn is only the slin which is a 1sr degree Medicatuiburn and no blisters, then it is treated with Silvadene cream. It is a prescription medication and it needs to come from a Vet.

If the skin is blistered, then as I saud, rge Vet would beed to remove the dead tissue and treat with Antibiotics. Burns are easily infected which can kill your Iggy.

Never use a Red bulb as they are only for cold nights and not for basking. The best night jeat bulb is a black night bulb. The heat lamp for the daytime should be a white full spectrum basking bulb.

I can locare a Herp Vet for you with a Herp Vet if you sypply a state.

Joan

Customer
Washington State
Customer
It's a month old scar

Click the link below for Herp Vets. The will determine what treatment is needed.

http://www.anapsid.org/vets/washington.html

THey may have to debrid the scar and do a fraft all depends on what the Vet finds when he examines him.

Joan

Customer
Customer attachment 2/27/2020 5:42:31 AM
Customer
Customer attachment 2/27/2020 5:42:41 AM
Customer
Customer attachment 2/27/2020 5:42:58 AM

I cannot tell for sure, but the burn looks deeper than just the sscales and skin. The may have to debrid the area, and give Antibiotics and pain meds. It looks bad.

Joan

Customer
What kind of vet do I take reptiles to?
Customer
A regular cat dog vet or special reptile vet? Is there a difference?
Customer
Yeah it looks like it has affected his shoulder bone because it's puffing out

I sent you a link above with Vets that treat Reptiles. Hertp Vet list here:

Click the linl above.

Joan

Customer
Ty

Tou are welcome. I would appreciate a 5 star rating.

Joan

Customer
How do u rate?

You should see stars ar the upper left or lower left corner of my post. If on PC art top or mobile app bottom left corner.

Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Joan
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Joan
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.