My bearded dragons foot looks a little swollen and it’s stiff feeling and the toes are all curled up. Bearded dragon. I

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My bearded dragons foot looks a little swollen and it’s stiff feeling and the toes are all curled up
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: bearded dragon
JA: When did you first notice this swelling? Does the Bearded Dragon lick the skin as well?
Customer: i noticed it just a little while ago and I haven’t noticed licking the skin
JA: And what's the Bearded Dragon's name and age?
Customer: unnamed right now I recently got him/her and 2 to 3 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: 2 babies housed together they were bought together and I have not separated them yet
Answered by PitRottMommy in 1 hour 2 years ago
imglogo
PitRottMommy
15+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and I'm happy to help. Please reply to me via the website (www.justanswer.com).

Working together through the internet can be difficult as I cannot see what you have witnessed with your companion. It would help me greatly to be able to see what you are seeing. Will you please attach pictures or video in strong lighting with excellent clarity showing your concern? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video at no charge. If your files won’t load, they may be too large for the site. You can also use FREE websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then copy the link, paste into the chat box, send it and I can access them. I do offer both domestic and international texting from my cell to your own and you may see a pop-up for this from the website. This can make sending pictures/video easier. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response. NOTE: If you are using the app and send attachments, they will go to customer service. The turn around time for customer service to post the submitted attachments varies up to a few hours. If you would like me to receive these immediately, please visit the website and utilize the info above.

Customer
Right foot

Poor thing. I definitely see what you're seeing.

Do you know if any physical trama has happened?

Are they using the limb at all?

What bulbs are being used for the habitat? How old are the bulbs? What type of UV rays do they offer your companion, if any?

What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any, and how often is it provided?

Can you tell me more about the diet and how it's fed?

Customer
I don’t know of any physical trama he/she does use it some I just noticed it but I know for a fact it was not like this a few days ago and I’m using a reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb and a 75w repti basking spot lamp I got them both in December and repti calcium on 13 to 14 crickets a week he/she is fed greens daily with zoo med natural juvenile bearded dragon food with occasional meal worms for treats

Thanks so much. I am worried about physical trauma here which is not uncommon when baby dragons are kept together. It's common for one to sustain a bite from the other if they're mistaken for food. An examination would be most ideal. In the best of situations, this could be swollen due to infection but the potential for bones being crushed does exist and x-rays may be recommended based on what your vet finds on examination. If the bones are crushed and there's no hope of repair, your vet may recommend amputation. If you need help finding a vet that can see them, please visit http://www.anapsid.org/vets/ I would implement a 2x daily soak in tepid water up to the shoulders for 20 minutes each day until they can be examined, as well as separating the dragons for good measure.

It has been my honor to assist you today, I hope this information has been helpful as I take a great deal of pride in my work. I will be standing by if you have any questions I did not address, please feel free to reply and I will respond further. Please be sure to leave a positive rating or issue thanks before signing off today so that I know you received my response above. It’s imperative for this to be done for the website to compensate me for helping you.

Customer
Thank you so much we decided earlier that we are getting another take to go ahead and separate them for there safety I will do the soak and find him/her a vet as soon as possible I love them and knew something had to be done as soon as I seen the foot I’m a beginner with bearded dragons but I’ve had snakes before and I knew something wasn’t right I really appreciate your help and advice

Sure thing. Let me know if you need any additional support.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
PitRottMommy
logo
logo
logo
15+ years of experience
imglogo
PitRottMommy
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.