He wont or drink anything and hea just laying there not really moving and his skin is cold. A green iguana. Kevin and we

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: He wont or drink anything and hea just laying there not really moving and his skin is cold
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A green iguana
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the iguana. What is the iguana's name and age?
Customer: Kevin and we had him four years not sure how old he is
JA: What is the iguana's name?
Customer: We call him kevin
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kevin?
Customer: His color is kind of fading
Answered by Jav917 in 2 hours 3 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Customer
He is not eating either
Customer
How long is it going to take to get an answer back

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet Tech with over 40 years experience in Reptile Health.

Where is the iggy housed?

UVB light, strength, age and brand?

Basking light full spectrum?\

Diet?

Supplements?

Temp in basking area and ambient tem?

Do you give the Iggy a soak?

How long has he been like this?

Joan

Customer
He's in a tank dont have a uv lamp or basking light we feed him collard greens no supplements we soak occasionally not sure how old he is
Customer
Symptoms just started earlier today

I ggys need twep types of ;light a UVB bulb and a Full spectrum basling light for warmtyh and digestion/ He also need a daily calcin supplement to work with the UVB bulb to prevent Metabolic Bone Dosease. That can cause Paralysis as well as organ damage.

You need calciyum with D3 and a Reptisun 10,0 linear tube UVB. You beed the basling light in a dome to keep him warm. The temp in the basking area should be 95 degress and the amboent tem mid 80ws.

Iggys will shut down wqhen cold and if not warmed can m.

For tonight I suggest you get him in a warm soak for 20 mins and then get dome type of light or heat emitter on the tank to keep him warm untol you can get the proper suppies for him.

You need to buy a UVB light Reptisunm 10,00 Linear tube

Full spectrum Basking light 75 watt

Powdered calcium with D3

Ceramic Heat emitter

Uf you want the iggy to get better fillfow these instructions to help him.

This is a care sheet to help you.

http://www.greenigsociety.org/

Please reply to dicuss this information. If I have addressed yoyr concerns, please take a moment to rate my serbice 5 stars.

Joan

Did you nee further help, please let me know.

Joan

Customer
No he seems to be moving around more and he's eating some after the warm soak thank you

Please get the bulbs tomorrow and the clacium. If I have addrtessed your concerns, please rake a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the topm or nottim of this page so I can get credit for assisring you.

Joan

Read less
unlike
1 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.