My baby crested gecko has very weird back feet. I wondered if he was polydactyl or stuck shed. I've given him multiple

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My baby crested gecko has very weird back feet. I wondered if he was polydactyl or stuck shed. I've given him multiple baths with oil and such and nothing seems to help his back feet. It looks like he has 7 plus toes.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Crested gecko
JA: What is your gecko's name and age?
Customer: Drogon and he is a couple months old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Drogon?
Customer: No, he just has the feet issue
Answered by Jav917 in 6 days 3 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Customer
I'm going to attach some pictures. It is affecting both back feet and his front right foot
Customer
He doesn't seem to be eating much, and is the same size as when we got him
Customer
Some of the toes appeared to have split top and bottom and two are purple and sore. I've never seen him stick to glass either.
Customer
Climbs rarely, I mist him regularly and feed him and I know he is eating
Customer
It's been almost a day? Is my question being worked on?

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet Tech with over 40 years experience in Reptile Health and their care.

I just viewwed the pictures. The problem is the Crestie has lost some toes on the foot pictured. I also see retained shed which means your humidity is not high enough if the shed is staying in place. What happens if the shed is not removed off the toes, then it constricts, and cuts off the bblood supply and the toe dies, turns black and will eventually fall off.

Isuggest getting the Crestine in a luke warm soak and het the shed off the toes.

Please reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.