Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Bearded dragon..6 mths old seemed fine this morning came

Customer Question

Bearded dragon..6 mths old seemed fine this morning came home evening very lethargic throat under side black and tail black other body looks pale. Noticed her throat looking dark a day or 2 ago thought just her color changing as shes growing.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dragon. What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: Aria around 6/7 mths old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Aria?
Customer: She ate fine this morning. Got a male bearded this past weekend have not put them together but there cages are side by side with card board between glass so they dont see each other but i think she knows hes there not sure if stressed her or something?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I will need responses to all of the following questions to help you. It may be of some help to copy and paste the questions and answer them one at a time so they’re still numbered in your response. The more detailed your answers the easier it will be to assist.

1) What are the ambient temp, cool spot and hot spot temps in the habitat? What is the overnight temp?

2) What substrate is being used?

3) When did they last eat?

4) What bulbs are being used for the habitat? How old are the bulbs? What type of UV rays do they offer your companion, if any?

5) How long have you had your companion?

6) What does their diet typically consist of?

7) How many hours of light and dark are they given each day? Do you use any bulbs in their habitat during the dark hours? If so, what color bulb are you using?

8) What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any, and how often is it provided?

9) What is the humidity level and where in the habitat is it being read?

10) Are you hearing any clicking, popping, wheezing or seeing discharge from the eyes, nose or mouth?