My leopard gecko is 3yrs and his testicle is very swollen and it looks like there is a cut now. He's not bleeding.

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My leopard gecko is 3yrs and his testicle is very swollen and it looks like there is a cut now
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is your leopard gecko bleeding a lot?
Customer: He's not bleeding
JA: What is the leopard gecko's name?
Customer: Aries
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Aries?
Customer: He's not eating
Answered by Jav917 in 7 mins 3 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Hello.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35 years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

Type of substrate used?

Diet?

Supplements?

Heat source?

Temps in enclosure?

Heat source?

Can you post a post a picture of the affected area?

Joan

Customer
Substrate is carpet
He's not eating right now but we have repta boost we're giving him daily
We have him on a heating mat

The Hemipenis looks very swollen . I also see retained shed on the feet.and it looks like there was a seman plug there that may have caused the infection and I also noticed retained shed.

We need ro start wit a wram soak an and clean the area with a diluted solution of Betadine and warm water td try and clear the area of shed on the toes and the vent area. sSak for 15 mins in a shallow warm soak. To clean the hemipenile area with the Betadine mixture and then use some Neosporin on the area.

This may or may not work depending how deep the infection is in the Hemipenix.

We can do some emergency feeding by taking the reptiboost and adding it to some chicken baby food stage one and add some calcium and feed that to your Gecko. This is thicker and less chance of aspiration Pneumonia.

If it does not look like it is starting to clear by Thursday with treatment, I suggest a Herp Vet visit. If You need a Herp Vet please supply a State.

Please reply for any concerns or a Herp Vet.

Joan

There may be a typo from my cursor jumping, I apologise.

Customer
Do we apply a little bit of pressure after soaking to try to decrease the swelling?

No Pressure, because we do notwant to cause a Prolapse. The soak should hel as well as the Betadine which is antibacterial and the Neosporin is a topical Antibiotic which will be absorbed into the vent area.

Please let me know if you have further questions..If I have addressed your concerns, please take a monute to rate my service.

Joan

Customer
Ok thank you for the help

When you rate my service you can still come back here and let me know how things are going and if you need a Herp Vet. The question does not close. You can rate at the stars either top or bottom of the page depending if mobile or PC

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan
Read less
unlike
5 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.