My sulcate turtle ( 60 lbs) got flipped on its back by the larger sulcate. We found her and flipped her right side up -

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: my sulcate turtle ( 60 lbs) got flipped on its back by the larger sulcate.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the turtle?
Customer: we found her and flipped her right side up - she had a neck bite but seemed OK, but the next day she was catatonic.
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you.
Customer: I took her inside and did a warm bath with betadine- she is in a room at 85 degrees and is covered in warm blankets. there is some movement such as her neck has come out of her shell - her eyes are still closed
JA: What is the turtle's name and age?
Customer: she is a rescue - she weighs about 60 lbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the turtle?
Customer: not at this time- I have had rescued desert tortoises for over 40 years - sulcate are different
Answered by Jav917 in 3 hours 3 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for35 years and have worked with Reptiles over 49 years.

How is the tortoise doing now? Is it eating?

Any breathing issues?

Is itable to move normally?

Joan

Customer
the tortoise is not eating or moving - it is cationic. Like it is like it is in deep hibernation. its legas are still in the shell, but today the neck came out - the eyes are still closed. the legs are still supple
Customer
this is not an answer, but a repeat of the questions to which I supplied earlier. If you do not know, just say so

I am afraid I may not be able to help, so I am opening to other Experts.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.