Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My skink dropped his tail 5 days agoand now he isnt moving…

Customer Question
My skink dropped his...

My skink dropped his tail 5 days agoand now he isnt moving or eating like he normaly does and yesterday i noticed one of his hind legs is swollen

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your skink. What is the skink's name?

Kaida is a adolescence

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kaida?

He is a young broad head skink

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Reptile
His tail broke about halfway down and is almost completely covered by tissue at this point
6/1/2018
Reptile Expert: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?