Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

I came home and noticed My red eared slider floating in the…

Customer Question
I came home and...

I came home and noticed My red eared slider floating in the water - i poked him he didnt move ( usually he does because he is usually skiddish) so I thought he was dead - when I called my husband the turtle started moving around , so I took him out of the water and put him on top of his basking space, he is very lethargic, and hs picked up his head and opened his mouth once..

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the turtle. What is the turtle's name?

Alfredo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Alfredo?

I am not sure - I take him and his sibling out of the tank to feed them one a day, I use a re dlight bulb for his basking RED LIGHT*

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Reptile
when I move the light is when he seems to be picking up his head and opening his mouth
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/30/2018
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 2 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

Hello.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ yeats and have worked with Reptiles over 40 years.

Can you tell me about the tank size?

Filtration>

UVB light, strength, age and brand?

Basking light?

Temps in water and under basking light?

Diet?

Supplements?

Any bubbles from nose or mouth?

Is turtle mouth breathing?

Jon