Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Age: 3 year Old Veiled Chameleon Feed: Meal Worms Color:

Customer Question
Age: 3 year Old Veiled...
Age: 3 year Old Veiled Chameleon
Feed: Meal Worms
Color: Dark Green (current)
+earlier color was normal (healthy)
+ Was on Calcium for 1 1/2 year, stopped a few months agoChameleon roams freely around my room haas his own cage, feed everyday, proper lighting, happy camper!+ Problem : Found Chameleon hanging upside down from window bar, grabbed him to place back in cage but his body tensed up and his mouthed gaped open. Placed him in his cage but his body was still tense and curled up. I sprayed him with water to see if that would help, and it did for a bit. He tried moving and also grabbed his left leg with his left arm to himself move. Then again he curled up and became tense, mouth gaped open. It's been several hours and I placed him on a heating pad, he has been in the same spot and he will occasionally open his mouth like grasping for air.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Reptile
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/28/2018
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 2 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

Hello

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles over 40/

How old is the UVB bulb, stregth and brand?

Why did you stop calcium?

How is he doing now?

Joan