Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My daughter’s chameleon was sitting at the bottom of the…

Customer Question
My daughter’s chameleon was sitting...
My daughter’s chameleon was sitting at the bottom of the enclosure (screened) this morning. I touched her (not sure of the sex) and she was really cold.
I moved some things around, put in a couple crickets. She ate one, as it walked right in front of her. Has climbed 1/2 way up but doesn’t seem her usual self
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Reptile
4/2/2018
Reptile Expert: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What are the ambient temp, cool spot and hot spot temps in the habitat?

2) What substrate is being used?

3) Any changes in the environment?

4) What bulbs are being used for the habitat?

5) How long have you had her?

6) What does her diet consist of?

7) What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any, and how often is it provided?

1) ambient temp is about 73.
2) substrate is that turf that came w the set up.
3) no environment changes
4) ones that came with the kit
5) since first of July 2017
6) crickets. They eat fruit and potatoes and we dust w calcium daiy
7) calcium dusted crickets
I’m at work now, away from the chameleon (Charlie)

Do you know the cool spot and hot spot temps?

What kit did you purchase?

What type of fruit and potatoes are being used?