Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My three stripes mud turtle doesn't use her legs to swim but…

Customer Question
My three stripes mud...

My three stripes mud turtle doesn't use her legs to swim but does to walk. She is getting treated for a eye infection and not eating

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

I can look

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the turtle's name and age?

Preston and about 5 months she is still small in size

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Preston?

No I took Preston for the eye infection she gave me terramycin for Preston but didn't say anything about the lback legs

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Reptile
3/29/2018
Reptile Expert: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Good morning, JACustomer.

1) Is Preston on any other medication aside from the terramycin?
2) When did treatment begin?
3) When did she stop eating?
4) What foods have been offered?
5) When did the rear limb usage during swim stop?
6) Did I understand correctly that she's using both rear legs to walk?