Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My red eared slider has shell rot and her blood work came…

Customer Question
My red eared slider...

My red eared slider has shell rot and her blood work came back looking pretty good. I noticed some bubbles coming out of her nose and I I hope it's not a respiratory infection. I've kept her dry docked in reptisoil with a heat lamp at 80 degrees. She's on meds and gets a nolvasan soak twice day and silvadene cream on all her open spots after. She won't eat so I've been feeding her with a syringe. She already has another follow up appointment on the fifth. Should I schedule a sooner appointment for the nose bubbles?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the slider can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the slider's name?

Princess Peach

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Princess?

I've been giving her antibiotics intramuscular every three days. She currently weighs 144 grams

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Reptile
3/29/2018
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 3 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

Joan

Hi Joan. Awesome! Do you have a recommendation?

What type of Antibiotic aire you giving?

Do you let her swim once a day?

What type of concerns do you have and what do you need help with?

Joan