Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

It's almost a week now my 3 month old bearded is barely

Customer Question
It's almost a week...

It's almost a week now my 3 month old bearded is barely eating and is always sleepy. Today he looks his worse. I bout zilla calorie supplement but I only gave it to him once yesterday

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Bearded dragon

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dragon. What is the dragon's name and age?

Chikaline, 3 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chikaline?

I don't think so. The light bulbs are a little older and maybe do need replacing otherwise he's been ok. He started last week

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Reptile
3/26/2018
Reptile Expert: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What are the ambient temp, cool spot and hot spot temps in the habitat?

2) What substrate is being used?

3) When did he last eat?

4) What bulbs are being used for the habitat?

5) How long have you had him?

6) What does his diet consist of?

7) What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any, and how often is it provided?

Cool is 95 and got is 104. Substrate is a reptile carpet. He ate yesterday and pooped. Bulbs is blue 75 white 100 and red 75. I can't remember which brands. The white I know is uvb the store gave me. I've had him 2 months. His diet is crickets kale and romaine lettuce. I give him calcium d3 vitamin that is coated on the crickets. He s breathing really shallow I'm afraid He s going to the

Is he ever without any light (in darkness)?

Can you share a video of his current condition?

Is he responsive when handled?

No he barely responds when handled. This the 1st time he gets like this. Yesterday he responded when touched and he always just fall asleep on me. His lights are always on. This is my 2nd dragon and never had any problems like this......Sorry, He literally looks like he just passed away as we had this convo ��

Is he no longer responsive at all?

No, now he doesn't want to respond. He at least moved his arm before and now he's not. And now the 3 crickets that were in the habitat are all attracted to him

When you move him on to his back, is there any independent movement at all from him? Any breathing at all?

He just died. My boyfriend just came 2 help me. And yea, thank u.